Make a Donation
Your support to Help Counselling is vital to help more individuals access life changing, affordable one-to-one counselling. Any contribution to Help Counselling will help support our services. Click here to find out more about our services.
You can make a donation to Help Counselling safely and securely through the “donate now” button in the header of our website. This will take you to Help Counselling’s Virgin Money Giving page where you can make a one-off donation or a regular monthly contribution. Please note that a 2% processing fee from Virgin Money Giving will apply to your donation.
Here’s how your one-off donation could help:
- £10 could answer the phone to someone that requires listening support from a trained Clinical Director
- £29.35 could pay for one counselling session for someone struggling with their mental health
- £240 could pay for the monthly cost of supervision for 16 trainee therapists
- £1,467.50 could pay for 50 sessions of counselling (approx. one year) for an individual who otherwise could not access support
Set up a monthly donation
Monthly donations provide Help Counselling with a sustainable income so that we can commit to helping more individuals with counselling. Donations can be of any amount, and here’s how your regular donation could help:
- £5 a month could help us to offer over the phone listening support from a trained Clinical Director
- £10 a month could help us provide flexible, tailored support to respond directly to the needs of our local community by offering additional counselling sessions as appropriate
- £29.35 a month could pay for twelve counselling sessions a year for someone struggling with their mental health
- £50 a month could help us invest in more alternative locations (satellite services) to offer our affordable one-to-one counselling to more individuals in London
If you would like to make a regular donation to Help Counselling, you can either:
Donate by Post
You can make a donation by post by making a cheque payable to HELP COUNSELLING. You can send this to us by using our FREEpost code:
FREEPOST Licence RTYY-KBJA-RHYH
Help Counselling Centre
57 Portobello Road
Please do not send cash through the post.
Donate via BACs
You can also donate via BACs transfer. Please contact our Philanthropy Manager when you do so that we can acknowledge your donation. Bank details:
Help Counselling Centre Ltd
HSBC Notting Hill Gate
Sort code: 40-05-09
Don't forget to Gift Aid your donation!
Make your donation go further at no extra cost to you. Gift Aid is a Government run scheme that allows us to reclaim the tax on your donation. For every £1 you donate, we get an extra 25p back, making your donation go further at no extra cost to you! You must pay an amount of UK Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax at least equal to the tax that the charity reclaims on your donations in the appropriate tax year.
You will be prompted when making a donation online on whether you would like to Gift Aid your donation to Help Counselling. If you are sending us a donation through the post or BACs, and you would like to apply Gift Aid, please download our Gift Aid Declaration Form.
If you are involved with a business, trust/foundation, place of worship, community group etc. that you think may wish to support Help Counselling, please contact our Philanthropy Manager today on 020 7221 9974 or email [email protected]
Fundraising Privacy Notice
Help Counselling is registered with the Fundraising Regulator and agrees to abide by their Fundraising Promise and Code of Fundraising Practice. We are a registered charity in England and Wales: 1140721 and a registered company: 07407329.