We are looking for new volunteer trustees to join our board. Our trustees come from all walks of life, bringing their experience and individual skills. The sort of skills we are looking for are:
- Fundraising, particularly from trusts and foundations
- Events organisation/management
- Human resources experience
- PR and media skills
- General business management
- Knowledge of mental health issues in the community
However, you don’t need special qualifications to be a trustee – common sense, flexibility, time, a willingness to learn and a genuine interest in supporting mental health in your community are just as important to us.
We are looking for the following experience, qualities and skills:
- A motivated individual with an interest in mental health/counselling and the people that we support.
- Sound, independent judgement and ability to think creatively.
- Working effectively as a team member and demonstrating a willingness to learn and develop.
- Strong intellectual and analytical ability; innovative thinker and ability to focus on issues requiring action.
- Experience in the charitable or voluntary sector.
- Experience in financial management.
- Experience of charity law and governance.
- Trustees should expect to spend at least 8-10 hours a month on their duties. It’s an important role, carrying legal and financial responsibilities which will require a time commitment.
- You are required to attend six board meetings annually. (Board meetings are held in the evenings and early mornings to allow for trustees’ work commitments.)
- You are required to attend a biennial away day for staff and trustees.
- You may also be asked to attend meetings on specific projects.
Informal discussions will take place initially with references and DBS checks being carried out if the application is taken forward.
An induction is required and support is on offer. You will have the skills and knowledge of staff and your fellow trustees in your role.
How to apply
Call us on 020 7221 9974 or email to express your interest.