How to apply
If you feel that Help Counselling is a good fit for you and would like to apply for one of our trainee placements, first please check that you have all of the minimum requirements below. A more complete set of terms and conditions can be found in our Trainee Counsellor Contract.
Essential requirement checklist:
- Be enrolled on a BACP/UKCP approved postgraduate level counselling course
- Be a member of BACP/UKCP
- Who have been cleared by their training organisation to work with clients
- Adhere to BACP/UKCP guidance for counsellors in training on ethical practice
- Be in ongoing psychotherapy with a qualified therapist throughout the duration of your placement
- Provide two satisfactory references (one of which should be your current supervisor)
- Fulfil requirements as defined within the contractual procedures and policies of the organisation (see contract above)
- Provide a DBS disclosure or be willing to obtain one with Help
- Provide proof of individual professional indemnity insurance coverage £1m
One of our senior clinicians will be in touch to review your application.