How to apply
If you feel that Help Counselling is a good fit for you and would like to apply for one of our trainee placements, first please check that you have all of the minimum requirements below.
Essential Trainee Counsellor Criteria:
In order to be considered for a placement at Help you must: –
- Be enrolled on a BACP/UKCP approved postgraduate level counselling course
- Be a student member of BACP/UKCP or other professional registration body
- Have been cleared by your training organisation to work with long-term clients (online and in-person)
- Adhere to BACP/UKCP ethical guidelines for counsellors in training
- Be having weekly ongoing psychotherapy/counselling with a qualified and accredited therapist throughout the duration of your placement
- Provide two satisfactory references (one of which should be from your training organisation)
- Be willing to commit to at least 12 months on your placement and work with at least 3 clients
- Attend mandatory fortnightly supervision for 90 minutes in a group of up to 4 supervisees
- Be able to contribute £30 per month towards the cost of in-house supervision
- Provide proof of individual professional indemnity insurance coverage for a minimum of £1m
Note: all potential Trainee Counsellors must undergo a DBS check before commencing any client work.
If you meet these requirements above, then please complete the online application here: Placement Counsellor Application Form and download this document which you will need complete and submit via the application form: supporting information document.
If you have any queries, please emails us at [email protected]