How to apply
If you feel that Help Counselling is a good fit for you and would like to apply for one of our trainee placements, first please check that you have all of the minimum requirements below.
Essential requirement checklist:
We are currently working solely online due to Covid-19 with a view to return to face to face counselling as soon as we are able to do so practically and safely.
In order to be considered for a placement at Help you must: –
- Be enrolled on a BACP/UKCP approved postgraduate level counselling course
- Be a member of BACP/UKCP
- Have been cleared by your training organisation to work with clients
- Adhere to BACP/UKCP ethical guidelines for counsellors in training
- Be having ongoing psychotherapy/counselling with a qualified and accredited therapist throughout the duration of your placement
- Have you been approved by your training organisation to work online
- Provide two satisfactory references (one of which should be your current supervisor)
- Fulfil requirements as defined within the contractual procedures and policies of the organisation (as detailed at interview or upon request)
- Provide a recent and current DBS disclosure or be willing for Help to obtain one on your behalf at your expense
- Provide proof of individual professional indemnity insurance coverage for a minimum of £1m
One of our senior clinicians will be in touch to review your application.